Last updated on October 26, 2020.
and your rights and choices regarding your personal information will be outlined below as well.
Protecting the privacy of children is important to Us. For that reason, We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information or non-personally identifiable information of users under the age of consent in Japan.
Please note that if you are:
- A resident of Australia and under the age of 15, then in accordance with Australia’s Privacy Act of 1988 and the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, you must ask a parent or guardian to give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Hong Kong SAR and also a minor, then in accordance with Hong Kong’s Data Protection Principle 3 of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance 1997 as amended in 2013, the person with parental responsibility for you must give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Indonesia and considered a child or a minor, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Macau SAR and under the age of 18, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Malaysia and under the age of 18, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Myanmar and under the age of 16, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent as well as you must give us your explicit consent before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of the Philippines and under the age of 13, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent as well as you must give your explicit consent before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of the Republic of Korea (South Korea) and under the age of 14, then your parent or guardian must give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Singapore and under the age of 13, then in accordance with Section 14(A) of Singapore’s Personal Data Protection Commission, your parent or guardian must give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Taiwan and under the age of 12, then you are considered a child and between the ages of 13-18, then you are considered a youth. If you are a child, you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Thailand and under the age of 10, then you must have your parents or legal guardian give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
- A resident of Vietnam and a minor, then your parent or guardian must give Us consent on your behalf before you can provide Us with any personal information.
Basic Policy on the Protection of Personal Information
As We may collect and handle your personal information, it is important that you understand how We use it and what options or choices you have. Information may be collected and used in the following ways:
- We may collect your personal information from: (a) registration information; (b) billing information; (c) technical and device information; (d) feedback from you and (e) third party information.
- We will only use the information collected to the extent necessary to identify you for the purposes of accessing or using Maimai DX NET, to verify your purchase or to process any refunds, to carry out analysis and research to develop SEGA products, to protect you against fraud, to provide you with optimal gaming experience, to understand how you interact with SEGA products, to provide safe and fair gaming environments, to customize, optimize and serve targeted advertising, to track consents for use of personal information related to Maimai DX NET and to fix errors.
- We may share the information that We collect with (a) SEGA subsidiaries and affiliates (including the ultimate parent company and its subsidiaries and affiliates), (b) advertising and marketing partners, or when (c) We are required to disclose under applicable laws and regulations and to (d) third party service providers. In addition, personal information will not be provided to third parties without prior consent from you, except if required to disclose pursuant to applicable laws and regulations and We will provide advance notice in such case.
- We will take reasonable measures to keep personal information private and protected from unauthorized access, loss, destruction or use.
- Your personal information will be accessed and handled by certain appointed SEGA officers and employees, who will be supervised to ensure that your personal information is safely managed to ensure that your privacy is protected.
- When you make a request: to notify you on the purpose for use, to disclose, to correct, add or delete the content, to discontinue its utilization, to erase, and to discontinue provision to a third party of your personal information, We will respond as immediately as reasonably possible or in accordance with any processes or procedures as depicted (if any) by local regulations.
- You have options and choices over how We use your personal information. You have control over if We/or our partners use your personal information to provide targeted advertisements and you may withdraw consent related to the use of your personal information.
- You can contact Us directly with requests to correct, erase, restrict, object to, or move your personal information. If you do not want us to process and/or access your personal information, you may be unable to use some functions or events related to Maimai DX NET.
Handling of Personal Information
SEGA CORPORATION, located at Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower 1-1-1 Nishi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0033, is the data controller of the personal information collected through the use or access of Maimai DX NET.
- Purpose/use of the collected (personal) information:
Please note that you will need to make a separate application for any gifts or events offered and in the process of applying for the gift or event, your name may be publicly posted as part of a winner or participation announcement.
- Respond to requests regarding hardware issues, technical troubleshooting;
- Analysis of product engagement data for the further development of new SEGA products and/or of technical and operational updates to current SEGA products;
- Confirmation of billing information for purchases or refund (if applicable) and
- Sending gifts, marketing materials, newsletters, event notifications (i.e. game tournaments) and information on new products or other SEGA related information.
- A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognize and remember you. When you visit our site, we may collect information automatically through cookies.
- Cookies are essential to provide you with the best services possible and are used to improve those services.
- Cookies that are used to remember and recognize your preferences, so that we can provide a better personalized experience for you.
- Cookies also helps with preventing fraudulent activity, improving security and delivering content.
- Third party use:
We may use the information that you provide if We are under a duty to disclose or share your information with a third party in order to comply with any legal obligation, or to enforce the relevant terms of service and any other agreement, or to protect our rights or the rights of third parties. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations such as credit agencies, law enforcement or government bodies or the courts in connection with a criminal investigation, suspected illegal activity, fraud prevention and detection or in legal proceedings.
Personal information may be transferred to other countries where We or our service providers maintain operations. These countries may not have equivalent data protection laws to the country from where you access Maimai DX NET, or in the case of transfers subject to European law, may not be subject to adequacy decision by the European Commission (EC). An adequacy decision is a decision taken by the EC establishing that a third party country provides a comparably level of protection of personal data to that in the EU, through its domestic laws or its international commitments.
When We transfer personal information, We will seek to take into account of any applicable legal obligations relevant to personal information transfers.
- Shared data, security and data retention:
Your personal information will be retained by Us for the duration of your use or access to Maimai DX NET and may be retained for a period afterwards as necessary to our operations. This may include retention to meet reporting requirements, any game issue resolution requirements and/or legal proceeding requirements.
We will take appropriate steps to seek to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information at the point this information is no longer needed by Us for our business and/or legal purposes, when you withdraw consent (as applicable) or at your request.
SEGA SAMMY HOLDINGS INC. (the ultimate parent company, “SSHD”) Personal Information Consultation Office, located at Sumitomo Fudosan Osaki Garden Tower 1-1-1 Nishi-Shinagawa, Shinagawa-ku, Tokyo 140-0033, is responsible for managing shared collected information.